[3830] Rus DX VE1RGB SO CW LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 20 08:46:20 EST 2005

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: VE1RGB
Operator(s): VE1RGB
Station: VE1RGB

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: hALIFAX

  160:    1     1
   15:    4     3
Total:  361   136  Total Score = 276,352

Club: Maritime Contesting Club

Comments:

Off to a slow start, but it picked up during the day.  I beat my own best in
this contest but I had to do it with volume, not multipliers -- very short of
oblasts this year.  Biggest surprises were 8R1RPN and 8Q7BV.  I had to do this
one with a short multi-band dipole at 50 feet:  big winds a couple of weeks ago
took down the 75 foot spruce tree that anchored one end of my big dipoles.

Congratulations to the Russians for promoting this contest so well, and for
encouraging the everyone-works-everyone rules.  Even when conditions are bad,
you can always find someone to put in the log.  Their logging program is also
first rate, and very robust.

Equipment:  K2/100

73 all,
Gary, VE1RGB