[3830] BARTG NB1B SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 22 05:09:11 EST 2005

                    BARTG Spring RTTY Contest

Call: NB1B
Operator(s): NB1B
Station: NB1B

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MASS

   80:   57   57    20
   40:  151  151    50
   20:  317  317    67
   15:  176  176    53
   10:   12   12    10
------------------------
Total:  713  713   200  Total Score = 855,600

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Bands were terrible on Sat- only 10M QSO was with a local that I moved for the
double mult.  15M wasn't much better, with 12 QSOs/10 mults and no Europeans.
Sun picked up a lot, wtih 15M runnable to Europe for several hours.

Heard a lot more stations on 10M backscatter, but LP just doesn't cut it there.
Heard them easily, but they couldn't hear me (AA5AU, WA2ETU).  ZL2AMI was
loudest station on 10M.

I started the contest as SO2R, but stopped after the first hour and only used
the 2nd radio to check for band openings.  I kept running afoul of the 5-minute
rule.  I also wasn't sure if using packet in this contest would make me MS- the
rules don't explicitly state no packet- so I didn't use it.

A fun time for all, particularly when the bands were decent on Sunday.

Dennis NB1B