[3830] Rus DX K7GK(@K7ZSD) SO Mixed HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 23 20:46:15 EST 2005

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: K7GK
Operator(s): K7GK
Station: K7ZSD

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: OR

   80:   12    5+4
   40:  135  30+35
   20:  445  68+52
   15:   71   4+16
   10:    7    0+4
-------------------
Total:  670    218  Total Score = 1,052,722

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Good conditions at times made this contest fun even from here. For the first
time tried doing SO2R in a Mixed category - CW in one ear, phone in the other -
quite a mind-bender. Voice keyer would have made that a bit easier.
A couple of peculiar things happen with the cluster. I got excited when I got
spotted on 10 meters twice - once by a JA and once by an LU station, but that
resulted in 0 additional calls and 7 total 10 meter Qs. Another strange thing
happened when I got spotted by RU1A, who commented that I was +20db there, but
they never even called me!
As usual, many thanks to Brad for use of his great station.

Denis - K7GK