[3830] Rus DX G6PZ M/S HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 24 03:14:59 EST 2005

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: G6PZ
Operator(s): M0BBB M0CLW M0SDX G0WWW
Station: G6PZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Somerset

   80:  285   109
   40:  656   136
   20:  935   149
   15:  542   132
   10:    6     7
-------------------
Total: 2362   609  Total Score = 10,715,355

Club: G6PZ CG

Comments:

Rigs + Amps:
* Ten-Tec Orion + Acom 2000
* FT-1000MP MkV + Acom 2000

Antennas:
160m: full-size loop
 80m: delta loop, single element
 40m: 2el shorty-40 @ 85ft
 20m: 4el SteppIR @ 75ft + 7el X7 @ 75ft
 15m: 4el SteppIR @ 75ft + 7el X7 @ 75ft
 10m: 4el SteppIR @ 75ft + 7el X7 @ 75ft

What a blast! This is one of the best 24 hour contests in the calendar. Great to
see so much WWYC activity, too.

Unfortunately, Mr Murphy definitely paid us a visit for this one!

We had major problems trying to network a third computer with WriteLog - most of
the team had to stay awake all night Friday in an attempt to get WriteLog to
network... No such luck! We tried various ways to get around the problem - new
switch, different UTP cables, NetDDE vs TCP/IP etc, we even tried a
different PC, but still no joy!

At 7am, with only a matter of hours to go before the start of the contest and
after spending around 8 hours trying to resolve the situation, we decided to
give up and get some much needed sleep. We fired up the Win-Test logging
program, and after about 3 minutes, we had all three PC's networked! :)

Anyway, we had a lot of fun in this contest - the number of participants
increases year by year which is great to see. Also very pleasing to see a large
number of WWYC'ers active in this contest!

Thank you to Marios 5B4WN/G0WWW and Stavros 5B4AFM/M0BBB for coming along and
joining the team.

Many congratulations to UP5G for such an amazing score! Thanks to DF0RI for
providing us with an exciting battle (great score guys) and and many thanks to
all those who called us!

Many thanks also to Paul G6PZ and his XYL, Jo, for the usual fantastic
hospitality.

CU in WPX this coming weekend. We'll be G6PZ, as usual.

73 - Simon Pearson, M0CLW

More detailed breakdown of the score:

 BAND  SSB    CW  DXCC  OBL  POINTS  AVG
  160   26   112   38   38      837 6.07
   80   36   249   52   57     1750 6.14
   40  151   505   73   63     4071 6.21
   20  417   518   79   70     6614 7.07
   15  225   316   66   66     4273 7.90
   10    3     3    3    4       50 8.33
TOTAL  858  1703  311  298    17595 6.87