[3830] WPX SSB NB1B SOSB15 QRP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 27 18:09:37 EST 2005

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NB1B
Operator(s): NB1B
Station: NB1B

Class: SOSB15 QRP
QTH: Mass

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

QRP is a lot of work.  I'm soooo glad voice keyers were invented!  I was able to
get a few runs going, but never long nor fast.  The only Europeans on Saturday
were a handful of EAs and CTs; Europe was somewhat runnable on Sunday but
northern  Europe was almost totally absent.  22 hours of S&P is enough.

Activity seemed lighter than usual; maybe the Easter holiday kept activity down.
After the viciousness of many pile-ups in ARRL DX SSB, I was suprised that the
pile-ups weren't deeper and more contested; on the other hand, multipliers are
cheap in WPX, with a KE5 worth as much as a VQ9 and much easier to work from the
US.

Thanks to everyone that dug my signal out of the noise.

Dennis NB1B