[3830] WPX SSB WB0TRA SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 27 18:45:33 EST 2005

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WB0TRA
Operator(s): WB0TRA
Station: WB0TRA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 5?

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Logging program freaked first day 0430Z to 0520Z; VFO locked on a 40m frequency
instead of following the radio.  Bunch of good 80m contacts were logged
incorrectly on 40m because of the log failure.  I'm submitting the log anyway so
that the other folks can get their contacts confirmed in the log checking
process, but their logs are probably correct and mine is wrong for this
period.

High point was seeing the "Last 10" rate meter hit 97.59 during a 20m run late
on Sunday afternoon.  Those who have shared a M/S effort from here can
appreciate how unusually high that is, considering my 100 watts to a vertical
(antenna-challenged).

There still seem to be a lot of (U.S.) stations on the air that think FCC rules
don't apply during contests and think their call sign is "QRZ".  I suppose this
behavior will continue until the contest sponsors take notice and start
enforcing the rules.  I'm not certain of the amateur radio rules in other
countries, but I would imagine they have similar requirements for station
identification.