[3830] WPX SSB K0HW/7 SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 27 19:35:37 EST 2005

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K0HW/7
Operator(s): K0HW/7
Station: K0HW/7

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: OR/WA

I operated a bit of this contest just to get a chance to try out the mobile rig
and antennas.  I am out here in the Pacific North West visiting my family and I
have had the mobile rig on during the trip out and plan to be on it during the
trip back to South Dakota.  I made most of the contacts while parked outside my
Daughters home in Portland, OR.  I made one additional QSO while parked in my
Son's driveway right after we arrived in Monroe, WA.  It was great to see
Korey's (YI9VCQ) score.  He is really doing a SUPERB job contesting from Camp
Cook in IRAQ.  Korey is full time U S ARMY and operates when he can catch some
free time.  It is great to see his score of 1113 contacts and over 400 prefixs
and over 1 Million points.

I missed out on the BARTG contest last weekend due to my Writelog not wanting to
talk to my KAM.  This time at least I got to test out the mobile rig getting
ready for the Nebraska QSO Party in another 4 weeks.

Thanks to all of you that pulled out my mobile signal.

ICOM 706 MKIIG, Mobile Antenna is Hustler with 20 and 40 coils, Writelog &
Laptop.