[3830] WPX SSB K5ZD SOAB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 27 20:08:24 EST 2005

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K5ZD
Operator(s): K5ZD
Station: K5ZD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: W1

Total:  975  Prefixes = 542  Total Score = 1,544,700

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Only limited time.  Disapointing to hear no Eu on 15m Saturday.

Had a fun run of Europeans on 160m Saturday night.

Listened for a moment before going to church on Sunday morning and 15m was wide
open to Europe.  But, seemed like Easter was limiting the activity as many many
unanswered CQs were happening.  When I got on in the afternoon, the band was
gone.

Interesting to run on 40m in last hour of the contest.  My first experience with
Europeans calling in on the transmit frequency.  The future of 40m SSB for DX
contesting is bright... but filled with QRM!

Never a shortage of multipliers to chase in this contest.  Almost so many that
they lose any significance other than the fun and impact on score.