[3830] WPX SSB VE6RST(@VE6SV) SOSB20 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 28 15:55:37 EST 2005

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VE6RST
Operator(s): VE6RST
Station: VE6SV

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: AB
Operating Time (hrs):

   20: 1729

A big thanks to Gordon and Cathy for having me out.  We were suppose to do a MS
contest but last minute work commitments kept Gordon from operating and I was
asked if I would like to do a Single OP.

My last WPX SSB as a SOSB was in 1985 exactly 20 years ago. I operated 40 meters
from Newfoundland as VO1CV. Although conditions here in the west are not as good
as the east coast  Newfoundland is between N.E USA and Europe and the QRMMMM is
unreal. I guess every location has it's advantages and disadvantages. As always
the WPX test remains a great contest and if conditions are good some great
scores can come from this part of Canada.

Thanks to all who called

Max VE6RST / VO1CV