[3830] WPX SSB VE7XF SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 28 23:45:17 EST 2005

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Vancouver

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

It was just an SSB contest, so I thought of doing it with one hand tied behind
my back or with a mouthfull of marshmallows, just for a challenge. It turns out
that the challenge was provided by BC Hydro in the form of an intermittent S-7
power line noise, except when it was raining (not very often, in spite of being
in Vancouver :-)
Running was pretty much impossible (couldn't hear half the stations), so I
decided on an S&P operation, one QSO per mult. I made a mistake and worked two
OH0s.
Maybe it's time to build a noise sniffer, and find the problem myself.
VE7XF