[3830] Volta RTTY AA4LR SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 16 09:04:16 EDT 2005

                    Volta RTTY DX Contest

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: GA

------------------------
Total:  28    0     0  Total Score = 28

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:
K2/100 w/ KAT100 running 40 watts.
Homebrew computer interface
CocoaModem v1.12 software
PowerBook G4 12"

Antennas:
Cushcraft A3S at 15m (20m, 15m)
1/4 wave sloper at 12m (40m)
Shunt fed 15m tower (80m)

Comments:

My very first RTTY contest. I had just gotten CocoaModem interfaced last week
and am very impressed with its abilities. Heard the VOLTA contest on the air
earlier in the day and finally got to try it out later in the early evening. It
was difficult because CocoaModem doesn't explicitly have support for this
contest. I ended up using the generic QSO number interface, but then I had to
patch in the zone for each QSO in the log window. Tedious, but workable.

I have no idea what my score was, but was happy to hand out a few contacts.