[3830] WPX CW KZ5D SO(TS)AB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 29 20:55:11 EDT 2005

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KZ5D
Operator(s): KZ5D
Station: KZ5D

Class: SO(TS)AB HP
QTH: LA

What a blast. I was exhausted from a hectic work week, so I thought I'd hit the
sack early Friday night and get up early on Saturday. When the contest began
with such great conditions, I changed my mind and thought seriously about
working 24 hours straight before taking a break. But my body gave out about
0800Z and I slept for 3 hours. It took me another 2 hours to get fully awake
after such a short amount of sleep. But, what fun. Conditions reminded me of the
"good ole days" when 20 was open wide 24 hours. And what a surprise to find 10
alive (at times) with even Europe coming in to W5 land at 22Z.

This was fun!. Congrats to all the guys who broke records. The Q totals were
really unbelievable.

Thunderstorms caused me to QRT a couple of times. And thestatic drove me nuts
when I had to ask for repeats and try to copy numbers between the crashes.

But, all in all, this was one for the record books at this time in the suspot
cycle.

Thansk to all for the QSOs.