[3830] WPX CW DL7BY SOSB40 LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 30 05:18:11 EDT 2005

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: DL7BY
Operator(s): DL7BY
Station: DL7BY

Class: SOSB40 LP
QTH: nr. Berlin

trx: FT920
ant: FD4, GAP Titan & inverted dipole

I decided to start in SB40 LP after the ABLP operation last year.
This should be an antenna test too. We build up a GAP Titan in addition to the
Windom at 15meters on Wednesday (tnx to Uwe - DK4WW). A (temporary) inverted dipole
was hang up for short distance qsos.
The Windom made the better job for dx-qso. I got most of the DX-stations (I
could copy) without any problem with th first or second call. The GAP was not so
effective. I think, the GAP is to close to some trees and small buildings to
give the best effort and the location must be improved.
All conditions were very good but the op failed. On Sunday night I was so tired,
that I had to make a not planned break. Sorry for my result - It was the opening
to the USA. So the million point result became far away :-((.
The next serious operation will be the WAG test in October. Hope to meet someone
 then again.
Thanks to all guys with big ears for small signals!!!

73 es best dx Ben - DL7BY