[3830] WPX CW KI6IV SOAB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 30 22:39:39 EDT 2005

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KI6IV
Operator(s): KI6IV
Station: KI6IV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Truckee, CA

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Very part time effort, just Friday, some Sat afternoon and night, had to work on
Sunday.  Found 20m great Fri night, until I got too sleepy to continue.  Mostly
S&P, not much luck trying to set up for a run.  Discovered I need a little more
power than 500w.  Station played pretty good, no problems with the PC or WL.
didn't attempt 160 or 80.  Was surprised with 10m, a little more activity and it
would have been good, only heard and worked 2 South Americans.

Rig:  FT-1000MP, AL-811H (Thanks to K6ST)
Ant:  TH-3 @ 60' Inverted Vee for 40m