[3830] WPX CW EA9/OL8R(OK1FCJ) SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue May 31 01:43:37 EDT 2005

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: EA9/OL8R
Operator(s): OK1FCJ
Station: EA9/OL8R

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Ceuta

QTH: Ceuta - EA9
station setup: Vertical by SP7GXP (R7000) for 40m-10m,dipol for 80m.
FT 857 + microham CW/PTT interface to Writelog.

I stayed at the hotel in the port, close to Ferry station. Hotel hosted first
night muslim weddings from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. making noisy local QRM. Hotel has 2
floors, having all street noise coming very audiable into room. Next day in the
opposite cafeteria (30m distance)had muslims dancing party. Well pretty nice
music, but I felt like to be in the middle of the dancing club beeing in my room
and listening rare DXs...

Conditions were normal to this period of sun activity on Saturday, Sunday
morning and through day had nice openings on 10m, had worked many G,PA,DL
stations. Eastern part OK, SP... was much weaker.

Local hams are very friendly and helpfull. Unfortunately my spanish is very
basic and I used often dictionary to communicate, but it was fun after all.

Thanks for all contacts...

73 Petr
OK1FCJ/OL8R