[3830] WPX CW OE4A(OE1EMS) SOAB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue May 31 03:07:47 EDT 2005

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OE4A
Operator(s): OE1EMS
Station: OE4A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

   20: 1173

the plan was to operated SOSBHP 20m but i decide to operated SOAB
setup was not 100% ready, OB16-3 was demaged since WPX SSB and
one AMP was on rebuiling. also no more RX antennas for low bands.....
anyway i did SO2R but just with manual audio switching between to rigs
(it´s not right way to do it....)some problems with microham microkeyer
and WL ...speed of CW msg was always chainging
also find out that was my CW ton was bad on satrday....sorry about that....
it´s was very hot during the contest we had over 33 C in shack of afternoon
bouth days and that was to much for one of PC...aditional cooling was added!
2nd day i stayed also without one AMP but wolfang OE3WLB fix them till end of
contest....
Condx was much better then expected and one more big failure was making 5 hours
break on satrday from 09:00-14:00 UTC.....also 2nd night the plan was to make
short brake from 23:00-01:00 UTC but i wake up 04:15 UTC.....ups....
i was happy to have guests(OE1DIA,OE3GCU and OE3KAB) on satrday and have time to
talk with them ....it´s possible only i WPX......hi!
anyway it´s was nice contest and it´s was my best result in WPX CW !
it was possible to make better score but after contest it´s is easy to talk
about that....hi!
congrats to DF4SA,OH1NOA,DL5AXX on super scores!

73 es best dx
oe1ems-oe4a
braco

p.s.
cu in IARU HF as OE50A
will be part of OE HQ team
operating 20m SSB and 15m CW with some friends!