[3830] WPX CW ZF1A M/S HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue May 31 11:14:33 EDT 2005

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: ZF1A
Operator(s): K6AM, N6CW, W5ASP
Station: ZF1A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Cayman Is.

   40: 1303
   20: 1607
   15: 1230

Club: Cayman Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

This was the first test of our new 100 ft. tower and LPDA antenna.  A similar
(but less beefy) tower went down in Hurricane Ivan taking a TH7 with it.  It
played very well on all bands.  Look for more good things from the Cayman group
in the years to come.

Thanks and congrats to our host Andrew, for his tremendous effort in getting
everything up in time for the contest despite recovering from surgery and to
Joe, W6VNR/ZF2AH for donating the big LPDA antenna.

While we were there, we put up a new 6 meter boomer antenna for Andrew.  It is
putting out a very good signal.  Look for a new "big gun" on 6 from ZF.

The ZF1A team this year were Cayman veterans Joe, W6ASP/ZF2NE, and John,
K6AM/ZF2AM.  They were joined by Terry, N6CW,ZF2BU making his first appearance
from ZF in over 20 years.

Individual QSL's go to our home calls direct or via the US bureaus.  ZF1A cards
go to W5ASP direct or via the W5 buro.

Thanks to all for the Q's.

John, K6AM