[3830] CQWW SSB OT5G M/S HP

Marc Wullaert marc.wullaert3 at pandora.be
Thu Nov 3 15:23:27 EST 2005

 CQWWSSB Score Summary Sheet Start Date : 2005-10-29 CallSign Used : OT5G
Operator(s) : ON4MA-ON5TN  Station  : ON4MA Band : M/S ALLBAND HPOperating
time   : 48 Hours            Mode : SSBDefault Exchange : 59-14
Gridsquare : JO11TC             Name : Wullaert Marc ON4MA         Address :
Spoorwegstraat 12  City/State/Zip : Nazareth    9810         Country :
Belgium          Software: N1MM Logger V5.10.9         Band    QSOs    Pts
Cty   ZN         1,8     309    400   59   12         3,5     304    408
76   17           7     363    728   97   25          14    1147   2732  123
35          21     730   1701  108   36          28      79    153   60   17
Total    2932   6122  523  142            Score : 4.071.130  Rig : 2x Yaesu
FT1000MP  - Acom 1000 Ampli-LK800  Antennas : 2x KT34XA - 2ele 40M Beam- 1/4
wire Vertikal 80M-            shuntfed 1/4wave tower 160m - RX K9AY
Soapboax: Not so long !!Back to contesting after several years no big
activity at John's ON4UN place.I started to build a modest station at my
home.A lot work had to be done.Putting a second tower and antennas
,filters,coax stubs and a switching system for antennas for SO2R! I decided
to do a M/S and the last 14 days where hard work prior the contest to get
everthing ready.It was friday evening 6 hours before the contest when we
where ready.Long days of 15 hours planning and building  everything you need
in a M/S station.My friend ON5TN KAREL who is new in contestingas was a very
big help in this.Thanks Karel you are always welcome at my home.Thanks also
go's to MARK ON4WW to help to setup the multiplier antenna.Also DOC ON4IZ
and JOHN ON4UN to support me and loan me some stuff I quickly needed.The
contest was more a test how things would work.Murphy was not present the
whole contest and Karel ON5TN did a wonderful job hunting mults and do some
running.You know KAREL from his expedition 6W/ON5TN.He is not a SSB guy
,loves CW!He really enjoyed the weekend.Lowband was a bit difficult to
listen between the strong EU signals for him.I think for a tribander station
the result is good.We lost some concentration on sunday morning and I needed
a quick nap but forgot the run with the JA's and lost a opening with NA on
10M.Saturday propagation was not like on Sundays.The first day not a decent
run whas possible,Sunday where whe had a big pile-up with NA on 15m and 20M
with average runs of4.2/min.That remembered me of the big runs at ON4UN
station.Whe did not get any problems with the filtering system.Whe have now
put up a plan where we can be achieve better results and what we need to
have a bigger score.But that's like God told"" Rome isnot build in one day"
and whe want to have fun.I took a lot of picture's and prior the contest whe
had 3 days a very beautiful sunrise with a game of lights which I do not
remember having seen before in my life.Picture's can be viewed at
http://users.telenet.be/on4ma/OT5G.html See you in the CW part !! Marc ON4MA