[3830] CQWW SSB GM7V(GM4YXI) SOSB/80 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Nov 4 13:04:20 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: GM7V
Operator(s): GM4YXI
Station: GM4YXI

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Ellon, Aberdeenshire

   80: 2027    19       89
Total: 2027    19       89  Total Score = 262,116

Club: North of Scotland CG

Comments:

No SOAB for me this year.....all my antennas crocked and no time to fix 'em so
80 SB was my way to not missing the contest.
Conditions did not seem so bad on the first night but not too good before my
sunrise on Sunday. There were some spectacularly loud stations from the US but
very few second and third layer stations.....maybe the casual operator was just
giving 80m a miss?
Had a load of problems with my hastily assembled beverage system this year and
did not solve the trouble until daytime Sunday......Boy, what a difference when
I did. I guess I may have missed some mults due to excess noise on Rx prior to
the fix but in general my lesson for this event is not enough S&P for
multipliers. My score has suffered badly as a result.

Single band in the CW weekend.....80 or 40, depends on antenna work!

Thanks to all who called last weekend and see you in the next one.

Keith GM4YXI (GM7V)