[3830] CQWW SSB ES5TV SOAB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Nov 5 14:52:43 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: ES5TV
Operator(s): ES5TV
Station: ES5TV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Jogeva

  160:  441    13       62
   80:  514    24       77
   40:  916    29       92
   20: 2369    38      125
   15:  903    34      110
   10:  320    19       56

Club: Tartu Contest Team

Comments:

Full 48 hour effort. Only one 2 minute pause at 24h mark. No food, some coffee
and energy drinks. Only last 2 hours were a bit difficult and I forgot sometimes
what I have to do. I remember telling just Hallo to one DL station on 40m
instead of 5915 cause I could not remember what I had to say:)

Would have not expected so good QSO count. More than 1200 over last years number
but score is only 400k better. DXCC is exactly 100 down from 2004 and that is
because of 10m mostly (15m also). Still very happy with personal best and hope
to be competitive in EU.

Great score by OE4A! He must have some SO2R skills that I don't to achieve so
high multipliers count. I made 600 QSOs on 2nd Radio and I can't really see
where I missed those 60 countries. Asked every possible mult to QSY. Those 60-70
mults give the leading edge and I would very much like to learn those magic
techniques!

Otherwise memorable moments are:

nearly 1 000 US, VE on 20m!! Most amazing 7 hour run Sunday evening to west
coast, that helped to beat last year's result. I have never felt so loud to west
coast before!

Nice JA activity and propagation on 20 and 15m - 150 JA on both bands!

Great DX on 160m. Just tried CQ for fun on sunrise Sunday morning: W3LPL,
HK4SAN, PV8DX, KT1V, KI1G called in! Usually western DX never hears me at my
sunrise. Called KV4FZ and V26B for long time but they did not copy:(

Very nice US run on 80m on 2nd night. Very suprised to work on SP: W6KW, W6RJ,
K7ZV, VE6JY, NK7U, VE6WZ. Beautiful!

Greatest QSYs: VK6LC from 40m to 80m and 160m at his sunrise!! Thanks Malcolm!
9M2CNC, HS0ZEE, VR2XMT, XU7TAS, YB4IR from 40m to 80m.
VK9XD from 10m to 15m and 20m!

Downsides:

More US on 160m than on 40m - 3 vs 2:)) Awfully bad conditions to US on 40m both
nights. Big guns did not even copy my 3over3! No chance for CQ. I missed VE mult
on 40m, horrible!

No African mults, where were you? Nobody called in on 40m besides double mults
5U7JB and ZS6BRZ.

A lot of stations still not asking if frequency is in use. No manners. HG6N does
that every contest. Next year I will make list of the others also.

CU in cw
73
tonno
es5tv