[3830] CQWW SSB IH9P(OL5Y) SOSB/15 LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 7 07:05:48 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: IH9P
Operator(s): OL5Y
Station: IH9P

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: Pantelleria isl.

   15: 2294    33      116
Total: 2294    33      116  Total Score = 990,552

Club: Tikirriki Contest Club

Comments:

It was my first effort in LP category in Phone mode. I must say that is quite
"harder" than CW with LP which I like very much. I lost some multipliers because
I could not get through the pileups. I used two beams (4el OWA and 3el
tribander) and I think it helped to me in the pileups as well with 100 W.
Generally the contest was very nice especially thanks to excellent propagation
on 15... Only black point of the contest was unsportsmanlike behaviour of IT9GSF
on Sunday who 5 times tuned just 400 Hz from my frequency and started his own
pileup. Because of his signal strength with "italian 500 W" and good antennas
was impossible to compare with my, I always lost hardly established run. And
when I QSYed to quite another part of the band and found reasonable frequency,
after some time he moved too... 5 times! Very hard to be considered a lot of
coincidences. He did not answer any my complains although he was S9 on my
radio... It was quite frustrating.
Anyway - thank to all for QSO and CU in CW!