[3830] SS CW K1RX Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 7 07:41:23 EST 2005

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Disapppointing results considering the fact Murphy was not present!  Activity
was down, went to bed about 100 Q's behind my best effort (2003) and never
really caught up.  Searched everywhere but still missed ND for a sweep.  Another
attempt at SO2R and actually think I am getting better!  It is not an automated
station so it tends to keep me physically moving all weekend. 40 & 80 were
noisey Saturday but was much better Sunday night.  Very long skip on the low
bands and was fun to see 40 going all day long on the east coast.  Nicely
offsets the West Coast advantage on the high bands.  Glad Randy, K5ZD hung in
there all weekend (did I spur this in some small way?) - Congrats on another big
score!

As President of the YCCC, I tried to encourage more W1/W2 activity in support of
the club and enter the club competition and I was hoping this new activity would
have helped us all.

One of those rare contest weekends where I make it clear to everyone in the
house, the old man is not available!  So I installed a new car battery at 6 AM
Monday morning for my daughter's car!

Thanks for all the Q's and gonna give it another try next year!

73,  Mark, K1RX