[3830] SS CW N1DC Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 7 07:57:39 EST 2005

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Braintree, MA (EMA)

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I set two goals this year...beat last year's score and a make the clean sweep.

I achieved the first goal by adding almost 6,000 points. The sweep continues to
elude me after many, many years of trying (all the way back to the early 70's
!). This year I missed ND, QC, MB, and NT. I was very surprised hear nothing
from VE2 after extensive S&P and CQing on 40 and 80 meters. I also tried calling
ND directly many times and worked every section around it easily. Where was ND
?? I heard MB a couple of times but could not make the QSO. I never heard NT
this year.

After a break Sunday afternoon, I went back on 15M and got PAC and AK almost
immediately. Thanks to KH6NF for answering my call in QRM, and AL7B for
answering my CQ. The contest is always a lot of fun, but gets very difficult
late on Sunday.

I was the 2004 low power winner in EMA but heard a couple of stations ahead of
me this year. Thanks to all for the QSO's and especially to the great QRP
stations/operators some of which were 59 +10 dB!

73, Rick