[3830] SS CW W5VX Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 7 08:58:03 EST 2005

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W5VX
Operator(s): W5VX
Station: W5VX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I was only able to do a half-time effort. 40 was very noisy here on Saturday
night, but 15 was real nice during the daylight hours. There were some very loud
signals on 10 but the activity was pretty sparse. The sweep seemed easier this
year than in the past, all called me except one. My last two sections were KY
and MT, go figure. I worked many, many QRP stations, some with tremendous
signals and others very hard to hear. There seemed to be an inordinate number of
stations making sending errors. Maybe they had RF getting into their computer
keying.

I always shoot for 200 Q's in the first two hours, but was only able to get 182.
Either I'm just getting old or it's George Bush's fault.

Congratulations to those guys with the big numbers. Making 1200+ Qs is no easy
task and requires considerable "stick-to it"ness.

See you in the CQWW CW. - W5VX