[3830] SS CW K3DNE SO Unlimited LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 7 09:27:16 EST 2005

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K3DNE
Operator(s): K3DNE
Station: K3DNE

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: MDC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

CW contests are not my cup of tea.  I did want to help the club effort however
and decided I would make 100 q's and call it a contest.  I loaded the cw send
memories in my IC746, fired up Writelog (with cw decoder on) and pulled my
straight key off the microwave gear and plugged it in - ever at the ready for
fills.  I S&P'd the entire time on trying to copy the exchange from the previous
q's before calling.  After the first couple of contacts I got the hang of it but
it was slow going.  Kept an eye on spots and tried to work as many fellow club
members as possible.  It was fun until Sunday eve when the QRN on 80m and 40m
made it more like work.
IC746 - 80/40M inverted v's @55ft, Cushcraft A3 at 45ft.
Looking forward to SS Phone!
73,