[3830] SS CW NM1Z(@K1IR) Multi-Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 7 13:38:19 EST 2005

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NM1Z
Operator(s): K1IR K1LZ W1VE
Station: K1IR

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: EMA

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

The primary goal here was to get cobwebs out of the station and see if it will
work for CQ WW CW and . . . it will! We spent most of the weekend installing and
testing a new 80m 4-square, getting new computers up and running, putting up a
new swinging gate sidemount and a host of other station maintenance chores. But,
we enjoyed every SS QSO wew were able to fit into the schedule.

This weekend we also tested out the new callsign of the Morse Contesters - NM1Z.
The callsign worked out great. But, we had lots of requests for fills on our
Check. Apparently "Oh" 5 sounds too much like "OH", and maybe "zero" 5 also
sounds like OH. Maybe people think anybody with a Check of 05 should be a
famous, old university club station or a brand new ham with a six letters call
and something a lot less than 35wpm for code speed.

73 and thanks for all the Qs through the storm noise,

NM1Z - The Morse Contesters