[3830] CQWW SSB OH6NIO SOAB(A) HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 8 15:46:35 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH6NIO
Operator(s): OH6NIO
Station: OH6NIO

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Mieto
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   88     9       46
   80:  145    15       71
   40:  115    21       90
   20:  402    30      107
   15:  759    36      128
   10:   53    11       42

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Once again the contest weekend came too soon. I managed to get the station to a
reasonable level and I even had eliminated most of the inter-station
interference.

This years CQ offered a lot of fun and a few nice surprises. My main goal was to
test my so2r-setup. In a way I reached my goal but some new issues surfaced
during the weekend. I was using N1MM-logger with telnet-cluster connection, rig
controls and sound-card dvk.

My 900MHz logging computer is not exactly a clunker yet, but it seems that it
was too slow for all those tasks. Whenever I received spots or tuned the second
rig my cq-call became distorted. This effectively limited me to mostly just S&P
for the multipliers. When I had a run going I had to close the telnet connection
and I couldn't even touch the 2nd radio. I should have tested these things
beforehand.

I was surprised by the good opening to NA on 15m. The propagation to JA was also
better than expected. It was also a lot of fun to bust incredible pile-ups which
seem to get more intense (=insane) by the year. It was also great fun to work 3
new countries on 160m. That rarely happens on SSB.

After a few fix I'll be more prepared in the CW-contest where I'll try to get
used to real so2r with a bit more serious effort.

Thanks for the QSOs!

73 de Teijo OH6NIO