[3830] SS CW K0OB Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 8 21:16:37 EST 2005

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0OB
Operator(s): K0OB
Station: K0OB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Radios: Yaesu Mark V and 1000D- used 1000D as the second rig
Antennas: Force 12 C3 tribander at 50 feet with one 40 meter element
                80 meter dipole at 44 feet
                All band folded dipole at 38 feet used for the second rig
S/W: TR

Man, I love SS! In the short span of 24 hours it tests your skill, your
perseverance, and rewards those who can roll with the punches. I truly enjoyed
this year's effort. My only regret is I missed ND. I CQed on 40 and 80 thinking
some casual ND op would call. Being in MN they usually call me but, nothing. I
heard on big pile up on WB0CW on 20 but, ND is too close to me to break that
kind of pile up. I never heard him again. I even checked QRZ.com to see if Bill,
WB0O still lived there and was shocked when I saw he had an AZ address now.
Forget Peter Island, let's send someone to ND!

Greg K0OB