[3830] CQWW SSB FM5BH(F6HLC) SOAB(A) HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 9 03:37:17 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: FM5BH
Operator(s): F6HLC
Station: FM5BH

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:

  160:   46     4       15
   80:  307    18       59
   40:  870    22       86
   20: 1940    32      110
   15: 1847    30      106
   10:  376    13       23

Started on 20m; the band was completely closed.
Finished on 20m; band was wide open!

I've had to try to adapt my trafic to the changing conditions during the test.
When it was open, 40 and 20m were full of stations. And it was very difficult to
keep a free freq for run or to be heard by many
european multipliers.

hour to hour max rate was saturday on 15m at 258. But I had a really more
impressive 60mn during the 1 and 1/2 hour when 10m opened to the US on Sunday.
My last 6 hours mean rate in the contest is 207. I forget to S&P during these
hours, but it was a pleasure to give the FM multiplier, even if it was only for
a 2 points qso.
As I was SO1R, I had to make a choice between "run" and "S&P" with a 1 radio
setup. Definitely I prefer SO2R! With 2 radios there would have been no bad
choice between "low speed rate" and "calling deaf mults" or checking crazy
packet cluster spots. The bad hours were VERY hard.

reading 3830, it seems that many mults were not reachable from the zone8 area.

In a conclusion, It was not a so bad contest for this part of the sun cycle.

Cu next year
Chris, F6HLC