[3830] SS CW WI9WI Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Nov 11 15:15:58 EST 2005

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Lots of static from the IL/IN thunderstorms on 40 and 80 Saturday night. No
lightning here, so I worked through it with some difficulty. The Beverages made
things easier. Much quieter on the low bands Sunday night, but not as much
activity.

CT says I worked 23 hours, but it was really more like 21. I had the misfortune
to blow a disk  a couple of months ago. With physical therapy and an epidural
steroid injection things were a lot better, but I still had to get up every 60
to 90 minutes and stretch and walk around, so I took a lot of 5 to 15 minute
breaks. The bright side is if the contest had been four weeks earlier I would
have been on the DL. I couldn't sit in one position longer than 10 or 15 minutes
at that time.

I didn't make my goal of 1000 QSOs and a sweep. The lost time probably cost me
at least 100 QSOs, and I missed NL like many others. Apparently there were
several on. I heard only one, early in the test, S & Ping, but I couldn't get in
sync with him.

Thanks for the QSOs. I applaud the efforts of the big clubs to get their members
on the air. More activity makes it more fun for everyone.

73

Jim