[3830] WAE RTTY K0HW Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 13 20:40:50 EST 2005

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K0HW
Operator(s): K0HW
Station: K0HW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SD

   80:   66   66     0    68
   40:  111  111     0    60
   20:  197  317   120    88
   15:   43   93    50    42
   10:   10   20    10    14
------------------------------
Total:  427  607   180   272  Total Score = 165,104

Another good WAE contest, I expected more activity but it was really slow.  I
always operate this contest low power and I am trying out a new horizontal loop
antenna.  It is 500' long, hung between 2 towers and 2 trees at an average
height of about 42' feed with open wire line.  It seems to work good but I was
comparing to the Hygain TH11DX and was thinking that the beam might be beating
it in some places.  We had a wind come through here Saturday afternoon and it
was projected up to 50 mph.  This morning when we looked up at the beam
the two longest elements were tilted at about 45 degrees.  It looks like the
boom has come loose and it will require major work before next weekend if I
expect to use it.

I never ever got good conditions to stations I could send QTCs to so I was very
low in the amount handled.  I sure wish it was the upslope of the cycle rather
than the downslope we are in.  I should have spent more midnight oil on Friday
night / Saturday morning rather than waiting for Saturday night / Sunday morning
as the QRN was very high the second night.

I really enjoy the web site with the results and records for the WAE contests
and by looking back I did pass my results of 2003 even though we are 2 years
down the slope.

I will see you all next weekend in the ARRL Phone SweepStakes and the following
weekend in the CQWW CW DX contest.  73  Jim  K0HW