[3830] WAE RTTY K4RO Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 14 07:44:07 EST 2005

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN

Total:  312  614   314   351  Total Score = 215,514

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Band    QSOs    Pts  Cty
         3.5      47     47   72
           7     126    126  111
          14     206    206   96
          21     235    235   72
       Total     614    614  351

           Score : 215,514

N1MM combines QSOs and QTCs, and I don't know how to separate
them out.  I think I had about 350 QSOs.  I sent AND RECEIVED
a lot of QTCs as well.  It was interesting to RECEIVE QTCs for
the first time -- you can only send them from the US on CW and SSB.

I badly bumbled QTCs with 9A5W and a few others until I figured
out that I could just point and click to copy them on the screen.
It still required solid print to do it right.  I am impressed by
the FB CW and SSB ops who do this all by hand!

N1MM Logger worked pretty well for the entire contest.
I am still climbing the learning curve, but am slowly
learning the nuances of the program.  I did have a lot
of trouble trying to get the PK-232 to work 100% of the
time.  It flaked out often enough that I wound up using
MMTTY on one radio only.  I guess I won't be able to do
SO2R RTTY with the PK-232 & N1MM, which is unfortunate.
I had one completely surprise self-reboot.

Good conditions on 15 meters Sunday afternoon.
Had fun on 40 meters where I compared my newly
created wire yagi with other reference antennas.
I think the yagi is ready for CQWW CW. It works.
Nice to work KH6ND from Palmyra on two bands also.

Missed printing the W0ETC call sign.

73

-Kirk  K4RO