[3830] SS SSB N6HC Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 21 02:38:17 EST 2005

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N6HC
Operator(s): N6HC
Station: N6HC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ORG

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Greetings fellow masochists:
This Sweepstakes season has been a disappointment at the "Hotel California".  I
missed NNY in the CW operation and NFLD in the SSB operation.  How will I be
able to sip my java over the next year?  I agree with Dick, W6TK.  We need to
teach those NNY guys CW and the Newfies need to learn how to articulate into a
microphone!
Too bad I never caught a ten meter opening.  Did it ever get active?
At least I was able to put a full time effort into this contest and Murphy was
held in abeyance.  I definitely have to try SO2R; I got the DX Doubler and now I
need to practice, practice, practice.  Otherwise, it will have to be a multi-op
from the "hotel" next year.
It was a treat to say hi to all the usual suspects; too bad we can't visit
longer during the contests.
I guess there was sparse activity from the O.C. (Orange, Riverside and San
Bernardino counties) this year.  I had many stations telling me that I was their
first ORG ...even late in the contest.  It was gratifying to be able to give
them a multiplier.
I wish everyone a safe and happy thanksgiving;  see you next weekend in CQWW.
Best regards,
Arnie N6HC