[3830] SS CW K8MR Single Operator HP Multi Station

Jimk8mr@aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Sat Nov 19 12:08:26 EST 2005

The overall results from my five CW SS operations from N8TR, AC8E, K8MR,
W8AJ, and K8AZ:

80    464
40    787
20    213
15    108
10    2

Total    1574    x   79   Total Score (sum of individual scores):  219,626

Time: 22:45

By Station:

N8TR        330 x  71     46,860
AC8E        354 x  66    46,728
K8MR        361 x  73    52,706
W8AJ        164 x  59    19,352
K8AZ        365 x  74    54,020

I never heard AK.  The only single qso sections were WY, ND and  NT.

I wanted to operate 24 hours, but I did not leave any room for error.   As it
turned out I missed 15 minutes from home when a storm blew through  Sunday
morning, and then later lost power at W8AJ from the winds of the same  storm.
That forced a premature departure for K8AZ, and resulted in  more lost time
when I was driving back to finish up from W8AJ with the  contest still going on.

Multi station is clearly the best way to do SS, but I think it's even  more
fun running the pileups while seeing the countryside as a mobile in a good
state qso party, than staring at two radios in a basement.

73  -  Jim   K8MR