[3830] SS SSB KT3W(W3PP) Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 21 10:22:17 EST 2005

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KT3W
Operator(s): W3PP
Station: W3PP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: DE

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I took all the BP filters out of the 160 position and hooked up the spotting
dipole for 40 and the spotting triband vertical.  I found (just before the
contest) that wind and downed trees had ripped all the radials off of the
vertical.  With no counterpoise, SWR was over 3:1 on 10/15/20.  I managed a
Q with one local on 15 and 3 Q's on 20.  The signals had to be in excess of
30 over 9 for me to get through, and then I was asked for a lot of repeats.
About 20 percent of my time was used making those 4 Q's.  Near the end, when
Jose was on 40, I stole an unused 80 meter antenna (my EUR wire array) and
it seemed to play very well.  Twas fun considering I had not planned on
doing ANY operating.

73 Dallas W3PP