[3830] SS SSB K6LA Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 21 15:46:27 EST 2005

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6LA
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: K6LA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LAX

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

How weak was my signal on 20 meters?

It was so weak that I was able to run on 14232 khz for 30 minutes Sunday
afternoon before the SSTV crowd noticed me and started to QRM.

I don't think I'll go low power again until the top of the next sunspot cycle.
Even 20 meters closed here a few minutes after sunset.

My most memorable incident was Sunday evening on 40 meters. I decided to move
all the way to the top of the band to find a place to run. A BC station was on
7300 and when I slid below the QRM from it someone asked "Is this frequency in
use?" I said yes and started CQing and was able to stay there for a long run.

73, Ken, K6LA