[3830] SS SSB N2NT Multi-Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 21 20:11:06 EST 2005

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N2NT
Operator(s): N2NT KI7WX N2NC W2RQ
Station: N2NT

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NNJ

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to N2NT for hosting another SS phone multiop.

The computer on the S&P station lost it's network card about 3 hours into the
contest.  We scrambled and got the network running with a test file on another
laptop running CtWin.

Now all we had to do was transfer the file from the main computer to the backup
computer.  Problem:  no working floppy drive on the backup computer.  We finally
just e-mailed the .bin file to the second computer.  We had Internet
connectivity but no working LAN.

Sometimes I think this stuff was easier with pencil and paper!  Speaking of
which, W2RQ did a fine job logging the old fashioned way for about 5-10 minutes
while we got the two computers synchronized.  Bill's continuoing participation
in NTS nets came in handy.  I think the only thing that would have made it
better for him would have been to put a pad of radiogram sheets in front of
him.

Thanks to all the contest clubs (PVRC/NCCC, etc.) that support Sweepstakes so
strongly.  We notice the difference.  I think it is unfortunate that the club I
belong to (FRC) seems to have zero interest in SS.

The quest for 1800 QSOs continues.  I really thought we were going to make it
this year.  40 meters took forever to get short Sunday morning.  That may
partially explain why our Sunday was not as good as last year.

73,

John N2NC

for the N2NT crew