[3830] SS SSB K9GX Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 21 21:52:10 EST 2005

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K9GX
Operator(s): K9GX
Station: K9GX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

This was my first attempt at SS from this QTH. For years I've operated SS fone
at N4GN/KY4AA. I was fairly satisfied with the results as it was a slight
improvement over my "personal best" at Tim's place.

Overslept on the Sunday morning break and got back into the chair way too late.
The station seemed to play fairly well. No  SO2R this time as radio #1 is
sick.

Bagged KL7 and VE8 early! When I took the big break, 09UT on Sunday, I had about
750 Qs in the log and needed only KP2, KP4 and MS! Figured I'd find the
Caribbean stuff with a quick S&P run up the band on 15 which proved to be the
case. Was kind of cool to pick up the PAC section thanks to KH6GMP on 40!

It's great to hear and work the many familiar calls. Enjoyed running into NF4A
and N6HC. Arnie and I usually exchange quick pleasantries and a bit of humor.
Was also encouraging to hear many new 2x3 calls, the school stations and quite a
few YLs.

Of course after several hours of listening to heterodynes on 40 and the
inevitable "band police" on 75 one begins to wonder why we do this!

Equipment this time around:
IC-746, ETO Alpha 374A, TR log
Antennas: C4EXL at 105ft, 75 dipole at 85 ft, HF9V, 160 inv L at 65 ft.

Thanks for the Qs!

73, Mark K9GX