[3830] CQWW CW VE6WZ SOSB(A)/80 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 27 17:47:02 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE6WZ
Operator(s): VE6WZ
Station: VE6WZ

Class: SOSB(A)/80 HP
QTH:

   80:  150    22       47

A part-time effort because of social engagements, but I had lots of fun, mostly
hunting for mults.
EU was dissapointing, with few signals making it through on the short-path.
Africa, NA, SA and Asia were pretty good, with more mults from Asia than during
the SSB test. Got shut-out of VK and VK6 !!! EU longpath was poor, with only a
few making it through.

Highlite was John G3LZQ answering my CQ Saturday evening while I had the Yagi
pointing ESE working USA...a skew path. I was especially surprised since I had
given up on EU because I could'nt copy any of the packet spots.
Never did QSO 8Q7DV even though he was good copy direct path across the north
pole.
KW, 2 el Yagi at 32m.

Congratulations to Max as VC6R from VE6SV for a great show on 80 !! Thats a
great score from a "tough part of the world" for 80m !!!

73 es cu next year, de steve ve6wz.