[3830] CQWW CW W7RN(KL2A) SOAB(A) HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 27 20:40:39 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W7RN
Operator(s): KL2A
Station: K5RC

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NV

  160:   47    12       19
   80:  128    23       48
   40:  643    36      108
   20:  605    36      124
   15:  283    27       90
   10:   14    10       10

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Hello from Nevada.

Thanks again to Tom & Midge! A beautiful QTH!

The first couple hours were REALLY SLOW, and I thought surely something was
wrong... now, post contest I understand what "Welcome to W7" truly means.

First ever packet entry, was pretty sure I'd enjoy it on Sunday, and did.

800 Q's logged by 1300z Day 1, then it tanked.

Station Description & Random Band Note(s):

10: 3 Tribanders (C31 C39, Log Periodic) + 5el Mono

-Dead band 99%, ZD8R was a highlight, missed the Caribbean almost entirely.
-Missed Zone 4, moved tons of guys, nobody was loud enough!

15: 3 Tribanders (C31 C39, Log Periodic) + 5el Mono

-Missed EU entirely on 15m Saturday a.m. because I was busy on 20 and had NO
CLUE the window was 10 mins long (literally)

-EU over the Caribe on Sunday a.m., only the big boys were heard

20: 3 Tribanders (C31 C39, Log Periodic)

-Unexpected LP was amazing Sunday afternoon to 9V, VK, VK6, YB, XU, etc. (WOW)
VK2GC (K5KG) called as I was beaming SW to VK, switched to NE & BOOM 599!

-Packed, 14123 for the EU run on Sunday a.m.

40: Two 2el Yagis

Amazing Band, LP SP, DX late into morning

80: 1/2 wave Sloper NE, 1 Dipole E/W

-Long Path was LOUD, deep Asia, Africa were the big openings, SP worked the edge
of EU: puny weak F, G, EA, etc.

-Called approx 50 EU stns, if you were on 80, I probably called you!

160: 1/2 wave Sloper NE

-Heard CT3, CU2, most of the Caribe & some Pacific.

73 & Happy Holidays!

KL2A/W7

www.KL2A.com