[3830] CQWW CW VK3TZ SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 27 21:11:06 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VK3TZ
Operator(s): VK3TZ
Station: VK3TZ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Melbourne

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:   62    12       13
   20:   22    10       17
   15:   67    17       31
   10:   14     4        6

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

A very part time affair.

I started putting the station together at mum's place about half an hour after
the contest started. It took the next 6 hours to put up a TH3JNR at about 10m on
a stink pipe with AL tube inside. Also got a 40m rotary dipole up at about 12m
using gal pipe and AL tube sections. Had to build the dipole as well. The 80m
sloper didn't go!??? Finished 7 hours into the contest and since I erected the
whole station on my own was dog tired, so didn't bother that night.

Just a bit of S&P and a few CQ calls. My CW speed is not so great as haven't
op'd on CW for about 20 months. Signals were pretty light but meant there was
not so much QRM. Didn't hear a single USA station on 20m??? EU came thru on 40m
very early. Most I called could hear me...which was very very nice.

Took it very easy and just enjoyed making a few QSO's without trying to bust a
gut. I think I got a few new ones on CW. HC8N had a nice sig. Pleased with the
40m results for only a few hours operating on low power. 15m seemed in good
shape and 10m had some Nth/Sth openings. 20m seemed pretty poor. Nothing heard
on 80m. 160m from VK on 100w, forget it!

Good luck to all
Tony