[3830] CQWW CW N4YDU SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 27 22:32:29 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N4YDU
Operator(s): N4YDU
Station: N4YDU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: nc

  160:   41     9       24
   80:  179    14       65
   40:  205    22       74
   20:  400    22       86
   15:  162    20       64
   10:   28     8       18

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This is the first time doing a serious effort at this point in the cycle. I was
in college at this point in the last cycle. The low bands were fun, but the
higher bands were quite a grind in the afternoon. I only logged two JA stations.
Tried to snag a JA on 80, but he couldn't quite pull me out. I slept about three
hours the first night, but much more the second. I found myself taking quite a
few breaks throughout the second day. It was very tough to keep tuning both
radios for rates lower than 20 per hour.

Despite all of that, it was still a blast. I may be on for the 160 contest this
weekend.

Station:

IC 751A AND IC 735
TA33 JR AT 35 FEET
20M DELTA AT 60 FEET
40M VEE AT 50 FEET
40M HALFWAVE VERTICAL
80M GROUNDPLANE
160M L
3 ELEMENT 10 METER YAGI FIXED SOUTH AT 30 FEET

73,

Nate/N4YDU