[3830] CQWW CW DF1LON(@DL0NS) SOSB(A)/15 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 28 03:30:23 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: DF1LON
Operator(s): DF1LON
Station: DL0NS

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: Neuss

   15:  399    32       99

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Station:
TS-480
FL2100b (500w)
FB-33 at 18m (3ele for 20m/15m/10m)

Due to limited time on both evenings I decided to try 15m single band. The
conditions were as expected for the sunspot minimun. I could count north
american station on one hand at the first day. Luckely there was an opening of
about two hours at the second day, otherwise the score would have been more
worse. Missed zone 29, vk9aa pileup was to strong, did not get zone 40 (tf4m was
heard with 519 in qrm) and missed a lot of european multies because they are too
close to my qth with this bad propagation. From the other six missing zones I
did not got a single beep. Just got one JA who had a tremendous echo on his
signal.
The FB33 in downtown is not the best beam for 15m. I did not hear a lot of
station that were spotted on 15m. A monoband with a bit more power would have
been nicer for this propagation... good to hear DQ0Q working a dx station just
with one call where I need 10min to get that station into my log.