[3830] CQWW CW K7GK(@K7ZSD) SOAB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 28 16:16:36 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K7GK
Operator(s): K7GK
Station: K7ZSD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR

  160:   37    14       16
   80:  211    21       47
   40:  427    32       75
   20:  733    34      107
   15:  285    24       54
   10:    8     3        4

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Things went pretty much as expected. No equipment problems (thanks, Brad), but
most of the time it was a grind. Not a lot of easy runs, lots of CQ-in-your-face
while S&Ping, particularly from Europe on low bands. I'd say 20 and 15 mults
never came back to me on 40 and 80 respectively. High bands were also quite
disappointing. Lots of ESP-level signals from the Caribbean with many easy mults
never heard. 10 was pretty much a bust with the only 2 qsos outside zone 13,
those being HC8N and AB7RW.
High points were working JT1CO and ZL6QH on 160 as well as when OH0M and OH6BG
called in on 15 giving me 3 mults in one minute with an hour and a half to go in
the contest.
Contrats to KL2A on a great result from zone 3 under these tough conditions.

73, Denis - K7GK