[3830] CQWW CW N3GNW SOAB(A) HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 28 22:05:23 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N3GNW
Operator(s): N3GNW
Station: N3GNW

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: N3GNW

  160:   15     6        7
   80:    2     2        2
   40:   83    18       55
   20:  109    19       66
   15:  145    15       41
   10:   10     5       10

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Whew!

Lets see what were my goals for this contest?
1) Break 100 K in a CW contest.  CHECK!
2) Get some sort of beam up.  Homemade hex-beam CHECK!
3) Beat W3CC down the block from me.  Failed :-(

Oh well two out of three ain't bad.  What a difference the beam made.  It was
only up 23 feet but gave me at least 2 S-units on receive and made breaking pile
ups a lot easier.  It was only up temporarily and is down now.  But I am looking
at how to physically strengthen it and get it installed more permenantly.

Murphy finally found me when the 80m portion of my Alpha Delta DX-CC gave up the
ghost.  The other bands load fine so I suspect a loose connection somewhere or a
blown coil.  If I could have spent more time on 80 I would have easily broken
200K points.

160m didn't play out this time as it did in the phone contest.  The noise level
made hearing anything almost impossible. While I have a pretty good size
property I don't think I can get a beverage in aimed at EU.  That is something I
am going to have to look into.

This makes my fourth contest with FRC and a Grand Slam this year.  I never
thought I would get into CW contests but the PK-232 really helps.  I may not be
able to run stations with it, but 250K to 500K is definitely possible.  I even
added a couple of new ones to my DXCC total.

Now to get ready for next year...

73,
Mark N3GNW

Go FRC!