[3830] CQWW CW AA4LR SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 28 22:25:07 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: GA

  160:    7     5        5
   80:   10     6        8
   40:   65    15       42
   20:  131    17       58
   15:   43    11       25
   10:   10     3        4

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
Cushcraft A3S/A743 at 15m (40m-10m)
Shunt-fed 15m tower w/25 radials (160m, 80m)

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/ KAT100
CQPWin 10.1

Comments:

Not a serious effort, just a bit of fun and DXing - virtually all S & P. Glad to
work DX on 160m and 80m. Shunt-fed towers work. Worked HC8N on 5 bands - only
missed him on 80m. Busted some pileups to work PZ5C on 3 bands. Oddest moment
was working ZL6QH while beaming toward south america at 1945z Sunday. Turning
the beam around toward the south west and he disappeared!

K2 did yeoman service in the contest conditions. I'm really enjoying this
radio.

Only beef was the number of stations who kept trying to put me in Asia Minor by
calling me TA4LR....

Sure was fun! Look forward to adding some more countries during the ARRL 160m
next weekend.