[3830] CQWW CW K0EU SOAB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 29 11:24:26 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CO

  160:   27    10       18
   80:  157    21       63
   40:  451    31       85
   20:  712    31       94
   15:  135    20       56
   10:   19     7       10

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Still fighting ridiculous levels of line noise here.  An ANC-4 noise canceller
made things almost "normal" on 20M and below, but 15 and 10 were a real
struggle, except for a few hours on Sunday afternoon when the noise subsided
enough to the NW to do a small run of JA's.

Never thought I would work more countries on 80M than on 15M in a contest.

The new Force 12 340/620 Magnum played very well on 20 and 40.  Good news is
that there wasn't a single possible mult heard on 20/40 that I didn't work.  Bad
news is that I need to work on my multiplier finding abilities, based on my
meager mult totals on those bands!

Opening to Europe on 80M the first night was unbelievable.  OH2BH had a huge
signal here.  The 40M longpath Saturday morning was special, too.  Snagged a
whole bunch of back-to-back mults including EY8, A61, 4X, etc.

Main amplifier blew up at the beginning of the 40 meter run to JA early Sunday
morning.  Swapped in an old MLA2500, but then found that the 2nd radio front end
was blown.  Rather than risk more station damage, decided to give in to Murphy
and sleep.

Was hoping to get 2000+ QSO's this year, but really fell short.  Maybe Xcel
energy will have the line noise fixed before next years contest.  That would
help a lot.

Apologies to all the Europeans and JA's that called me that I couldn't pull
through.  Hope to CU next year with a better RX situation.

73
de Randy K0EU