[3830] CQWW CW DR4A(@DK5PD) M/S HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 29 12:18:16 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: DR4A
Operator(s): DK9VZ, DK5PD, MCMURPHY
Station: DK5PD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JN39VV

  160:  160    11       55
   80:  571    24       97
   40:  476    34      127
   20:  984    35      126
   15:  340    36      130
   10:   35    15       35

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

CQWW is one of the most enjoying contests in our calendar. This one had a lot of
new equipment and some uncertainties. We are running a mostly portable setup
with a new Diesel generator and build up antennas on the weekend before the
contest. All was fine this time and both OPs had even some hours of sleep before
the contest started. After some hours of contesting McMurphy visited us for the
first time and we lost the rotor of the main beam. After 45 hours of contesting
and his second visit we lost the new Diesel generator and together with the
power failure he took away the last 3 hours of QSOs on the running stations PC.

Isn´t that nice? Yes it isn´t ...

So there were 6 hours missing at the end but the result was more than half a
million points higher than last year and we had 45 hours of fun anyway.

Thank you all for calling us, cu agn next year