[3830] CQWW CW W2LC SOAB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 29 12:59:51 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W2LC
Operator(s): W2LC
Station: W2LC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NY

  160:   25     7       11
   80:  231    14       69
   40:  328    28       90
   20:  837    29      106
   15:  102    19       55
   10:   40     9       19

Club: RDXA

Comments:

I wasn't really into it and Friday night was so poor I almost gave in. 20 meters
was really hot for about 2-3 hours both days, at least for my set of  really
cheap tri-banders stacked on an 80ft tower. 15m and 10m were really poor but I
did not spend much time on either band due to the nice rate on 20m. I don't
think I heard anything north of Florida on 10m.

I have got to find a way to do SO2R with a single tower, I miss way too much by
having to give up CQing to go S&P for multipliers on other bands like 15 and 10
this year. No amplifier for 160m doesn't help either.

I had a top hour of 143 followed by 131, 125 and 122 all on 20 meters. Two of
each on Saturday and Sunday. The 143 and 131 were both on Sunday.

73 Scott W2LC