[3830] CQWW CW K1TO SOAB QRP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 29 23:27:11 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1TO
Operator(s): K1TO
Station: K1TO

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: FL

  160:   25     6       15
   80:  147    15       70
   40:  250    20       86
   20:  529    32      106
   15:  183    25       83
   10:   35     9       20

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Power line noise nearby was not fixed in time for the contest.  Noise blanker
cut it down quite a bit, but not enough to be comfortable running High or even
Low power.  Even though Florida is the Alligator state, I did not want that
label.

This was my first ever QRP entry.  I felt like a kid in a candy store.  So many
mults, so little power.  Even though many mults were just unworkable, it was a
pleasant surprise to see who actually could be worked!  There are too many
memorable QSOs to list them here, which is a good thing.

Thanks to WD4AHZ and N4GI for their help in recent months with getting the
station up to par and to N4TO for lending some needed gear.

73, Dan